Saturday, July 19, 2008

TinEye Image Search

There is a new cool search engine for images called tineye, which will compare pixel data in your image to images in their database. It is in beta mode now so you need to request an invite, but I think it will be a great tool in the future to see if anyone is ripping off your works. You can search by uploading an image of your own or pasting a link to an image online. I uploaded a photo of my old vespa (the green one with the girl on my website) to see what would turn up. To my surprise it returned a black and white version of my vespa photo! It was on some kids myspace page in France! He's probably doing no harm in using it but it is a copyrighted image so I contacted photobucket, where the image is hosted, to see if they'll remove it. I'll see if the kid will reply to me and ask him to give me credit for the pic. Upload some of your work you have posted online and see if something turns up. This should work for drawings and graphic work in a jpeg format too.



http://www.tineye.com

2 comments:

Mathias said...

I'm gonna try this out, I'm on their waiting list thing. Pretty powerful concept.

stern mister serious said...

This is so impressive that it makes you impressive too, Breck.