Friday, July 10, 2009

Wes Anderson: A Peek at The Fox

Wes Anderson's next project is a stop-motion feature film based on Roald Dahl’s children's book "Fantastic Mr. Fox". It's got his usual big list of big names in the cast including: Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman, Willem Dafoe and many others. The David Bowie-esk brit-popper Jarvis Cocker is doing the score. This image is the first to leak out from the film.


I'm not sure what I expected, but now that I see it, it kinda makes sense he would go with a 1970's style of puppets/animation. Kind of along the lines of the old Rudolph Christmas stop-motion stuff I guess.

This particular photo really reminds me a lot of an old "Little Red Riding Hood" children's book I had growing up. It was illustrated by T. Izawa and S. Hijikata, and it was all done using photographs of creepy puppets.


The trailer is said to be coming out soon, I'm really interested to see how it looks.

For more info visit imdb and or The Rushmore Academy

update - another recent photo. (this photo looks like a better representation than the first) Click for larger view


1 comment:

Kylee said...

I had that same book-it creeped me out as a child but now I love it-I wish I knew where it was!

Looks to be an interesting film!