Tuesday, December 22, 2009

1960's Pulp Novel Covers Come to Life

Look past the half naked females, and take note of the amazing feat of bringing mod-style pulpy paperback novel covers to live action. I love the typography, and tiny details added in recreating 1960's paperback cover art, even down to the tinny text callouts in the corners, pricing, and printing publisher. The first 1/4 of the video is all homage to James Bond silhouettes, (not that impressive) but stick it out, the latter half is the pulp-art-cover-illustration-style that impressed me. Be sure and view full screen (the arrows in bottom right of video player), This small size doesn't do it justice.



My wife wasn't impressed, I think the curvy female ruined it for her. So I realize this may not be for everyone

No comments: