Saturday, February 23, 2008

Space Ant's 2nd Landing?...

I'm about to graduate and before I flop my portfolio onto a design firm's desk, I want it to be completely polished. I don't want to feel a need to justify, excuse, or explain any weak projects/pieces. So as i review my current portfolio, I'm realizing I've got some super early work on there, and embarrassing work at that. The Space Ant site, although a worth while idea, was one of my first Flash websites to ever create. Building a function "Artist community website" with a multiple profiles/bios/interviews/photo galleries/illustration galleries/music sections and even written word pieces was more than I could chew at that early stage, but I did my best and submitted a finished site. But now it makes me cringe to see my awkward transitions, generic uses of gradients, and awkward vague navigation (lobster buttons?). So to end my rambling, I feel it was a worthwhile project and I'm going to re-vamp it. So again I extend an invitation to all interested in submitting work, do so asap. I plan the sites surgery in mid March, and I'll need all the pieces we want to implant soon. Have faith in me that I won't place your work in an unflattering website again.

Let me know if you're willing to help me in this effort.

2 comments:

stern mister serious said...

It's not that bad, Matt. I guess it could be more polished, but I still like it.

stern mister serious said...

As for helping you in this effort, I'll do whatever. Does that just mean sending you anything and everything that I've created kind of like an artist would, again? I like being a part of your work. It's good work. Sad that I haven't written a new ton since last Space Ant though.