Thursday, August 14, 2008

Animation Fasination


I still can't believe how far the animation industry has come. This Short Film was done a group of students? STUDENTS?! Its pretty amazing, I just can't imagine how illustrated visual story telling can become any better. Pixar for example has yet to let me down visually. Although I still don't think they've topped Incredibles. WALL-E was good though. And while I'm out of the closet about my animation fascination I must recommend a few other flicks that have not received the credit they deserve. Monster House deserves a watch if you haven't yet. Its really no big epic film, its kinda just a low key fun animated Halloween flick with a slight "Goonies" vibe. Also I might have just been in the right mood, but "Horton Hears a Who" was by far the best film adaptation of a Dr. Suess', and the computer animation matched his illustration style perfectly.

No comments: