Monday, April 10, 2006

Adventures in Coloring with Photoshop

Recently I've been experimenting more with coloring in Photoshop. In the past I always assumed my coloring in photoshop would turn out looking like amature super-hero comics, but recently I've realized this is not the case. This image is the first of a series. Its probably common knowledge, but I had to stumble upon it myself, but i finally discovered that laying down a base color on your background image and then tweeking the transparancy of all the colors on top of that layer causes them all the maintain color consistancy by using the same base color. Like mixing paints in actuality. (Mixing up a warm palette or a cool palette.) Anyway, I still have a lot to learn, but the way this image turned out got me excited, and I thought I'd pass on the knowledge.

The peice is entitled "Zombie About to Get a Drink From Hose", its designed to be used as a wallpaper.

No comments: